Asian Tofu Curry
For 2 : 30 mins to make :
Equipment: Cooking pan.
Tea cup for measuring.
1 cup of washed chopped celery.
1 cup of washed chopped leeks.
1 cup of broccoli florets.
1 cup of chopped washed bok-choy.
1-cups diced butter nut squash.
1 can of full fat coconut milk cream.
1 carton of firm tofu diced or kept whole.
Handfull of washed, chopped, fresh corriander & spring onions to serve.
For the curry powder: 5 kaffir lime leaves dried or fresh. 1 lemongrass stalk finely chopped. 1 tsp cumin. 1 tsp of turmeric. 1 tsp ground coriander. ½ tbsp paprika . 1 tsp of sea salt (post ci7 use 1 tbsp fish sauce) Juice of 1 lime. ½ tsp honey.
Or for ease use a curry paste of choice (check label of food intollerance & nasties)
1. Place the vegetables into a good size cooking pot with a lid.
2. Add the pre-made paste or curry powder (above ingredient)
3. Add the can of coconut cream, mix together.
4. Cook on a medium heat with a lid for 20 mins.
5. Add the tofu on the top of the cooked curry but don't mix it in, put the curry on-to a low heat for 10 minutes & allowthe tofu to absorbe the flavours before serving.
6. Remove from the heat, place in bowls & serve with freshly chopped coriander & spring onions.