Why & How to Meditate in under 3 minutes!
Updated: Nov 14
If words like inner-peace and calm elude you and you believe are only for certain 'kinds of people' the spiritual type, that you on the other hand too often feel anxious, stressed and overwhelmed...
We all know the downside to stress but did you also know that we need a little stress, stress keeps our immune strong and pushes us to get things done, take us out of our comfort zone and get us taking action.
However how we choose to deal with our stress is the key, we can choose to make choices that help us manage the stress we feel.
If you have not already been introduced to meditation, allow me.
Carve just 3 to 10 minutes out of your day to sit and simply breathe, nothing complex, no talking, answering or thinking required, to do absolutely nothing at all?
Just a few quiet moments at the start of your day would allow you to truly get really present and will invite calm and focus into your life.
The benefits of Meditation.
Increases immune function
Decreases Inflammation at a cellular level.
Boosts your Happiness factor!
Increases positive emotion
Increases social connection, meditate in a group increases your sense of connection to others.
Developes your emotional intelligence.
Makes you more compassionate.
Makes you feel less lonely.
Increase self control.
Improves your ability to regulate your emotions.
Improves your ability to introspect.
Changes Your brain in a good way, increases grey matter, increases volume in areas related to emotional regulation, positive emotions & self-control, increases cortical thickness in areas related to paying attention.
Improves productivity, increases your ability to focus, proves your memory, Improves your creative thinking
How to Meditate.
1. Find a quiet location in your home that you can sit on the floor with a cushion under your sit bones or if you prefer a comfortable chair.
2. Set a timer for 3 to 10 minutes, I suggest you start with 3 and build up over the month to 10 minutes.
3. Close your eyes & take your awareness to your breath. Focus on your inhalation & exhalation each time and without force making each breath longer and slower until you reach a comfortable slow breath which you can relax into.
4. When your mind starts to wander, which it will simply come back to your breath, you will spend the length of the meditation breathing and remind yourself to come back to breathing.
5. Points to consider, refrain from judging and practicing perfectionism. Instead, practice breathing into the discomfort of sitting and breathing and observing instead what comes up for you and breathing through that.
The practice of Meditation is much more simple than you think so do not over complicate it.
#howtomeditate #meditateeasily #learntomeditate #meditationforeveryone #mentalhealth #stressed #managestress #breathe #relax #enjoylife #meditation #stress #busy #wellness #health #Women #mentalhealth #womenoverforty